Spill cleanup information
Some orders may contain hazardous materials such as paint, nail polish remover, or rubbing alcohol. These products may require special handling if damaged, leaking, and/or spilling to ensure they are safely managed and properly disposed. Consider having the following items in your vehicle in case a spill occurs:
- Plastic gloves
- Paper towels
- Trash or zip top bags to contain spill cleanup material
- Small broom and dustpan
Here are helpful tips if an item containing hazardous materials has leaked, spilled, or is damaged:
- In the app, drivers may update the order to indicate it cannot be delivered.
- If an item has leaked and/or spilled, please return the damaged and/or leaking product to the pick-up location and ensure all affected products within the order are returned.
- For some offers, the pickup location may provide information or paperwork about any hazardous products and/or products requiring special handling.
- Steps such as closing the container up or turning a package upright can help to stop or minimize the leak, spill, and/or damaged items from spreading. The Department of Transportation guidelines for cleanup may be useful for your reference.
If you have a question on how to handle an item that has spilled, contact the Hazardous Materials Information Center.