COVID-19 best practices
The information provided below includes health and safety standards for service providers on the Spark Driver platform to help maintain the well-being of drivers, customers, associates, and the general public.
Following current CDC guidelines, service providers on the Spark Driver platform are encouraged to take the following actions:
- Certain store locations or facilities may require on-site health and temperature screenings for service providers.
- The CDC recommends that you monitor your own health to ensure you’re not delivering while sick.
- For more information on masking, please visit the CDC’s Guide to Masks and face coverings.
- Drivers who test positive for COVID-19 or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 are recommended to self-quarantine and isolate according to CDC guidelines.
Deliveries should not be completed while quarantining
- The Spark Driver platform will not take any administrative action, including deactivation and temporary suspension, against any driver who chooses to self-quarantine and cease delivering. Additionally, self-quarantining drivers who do not turn on Spark Now will not negatively impact their metrics.
CDC tips to prevent illness
- Staying up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Hand washing
- Improving ventilation
- Getting tested for COVID-19 if needed
- Following recommendations for what to do if you have been exposed
- Staying home if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Seeking treatment if you have COVID-19 and are at high risk of getting very sick
- Avoiding contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19